CEO, NJORD Law Firm
NJORD is a local law firm with a Nordic profile and a global mindset. NJORD group consist of six offices – in Aarhus, Copenhagen, Silkeborg, Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius. It is remarkable that more than 25 languages among our 260 employees in our six offices are spoken, incl. Norwegian.
NJORD Estonia, is a mid-size law firm with strong expertise in the classical legal counselling like employment law, dispute resolution, corporate and real estate law (incl planning, zoning, transactions and disputes) https://www.njordlaw.com/et/, but also in unconventional matters, like IT law, FinTech, HealthTech, eIDAS, GDPR, gambling law, blockchain and distributed ledger technology, Big Data etc. See more: https://njordtech.eu/en
So why me? I’m managing every day the most challenging, smart and self-aware people – attorneys, in the rapidly changing legal environment, so I think, I can cope with everything. I joined NJORD 2 years ago, and some highlights that I have achieved during this time:
– Digital processes in the next level (new client management software, incl billing and e-invoicing);
– Systematised AML/KYC processes (online tool for clients for the smooth on-boarding);
– Fully remotely manageable firm. During the spring, we closed the office for 3 weeks. Results? Better than before.
– This all has meant reviewing and updating all the internal procedures.
– This all has meant also keeping people on-board and happy!
– njordtech.eu site up and running dedicated for the NewTech start-ups.
– NJORD LAB programme established in the firm. What is NJORD Lab >> this is a legal R&D centre for innovative technology start-ups. See more: https://njordtech.eu/njord-lab
So what else? I am qualified attorney-at-law, specialised in IT law, HealthTech and Legal Risk Management. See more: https://www.njordlaw.com/employee/silja-elunurm/
I have been member of the management board in Estonian Service Industry Association, so familiar with lobbing routines for the entrepreneurship.